Friday, May 21, 2010

New Podcast- John 17-21


This week's podcast is a reading from the Gospel According to John from the Bible, specifically Chapters 17 through 21.  This comprises Christ's betrayal, trial, crucifixion and resurrection as well as Peter's denial and restoration, Thomas' doubts, the women at the empty tomb and much more.  Along with being a great classic and a beautiful piece, this text also happens to be the basis for a good portion of my own personal spiritual walk.

A quick note on the translation: left to my own devices I would not have chosen the King James Version for reading this passage out loud.  On my own I tend to use the Revised Standard Version, but copyright laws on translations are different and I'm not entirely sure how they apply to Biblical translations.  So, instead of risking it or, even worse, attempting to wade through information on copyright laws for translations, I chose to use a translation I knew to be public domain.  So, that's the only reason I'm using the King James Version.  I tried using the Geneva Bible first, but that was even more of a challenge.  

So, you can listen to the podcast here.



Or go download it here:

http://www.archive.org/details/ReadingTheClassicsWithPaulMathersPodcast9 

No comments:

Post a Comment