Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Podcast! Also, Exciting Podcast Project Announcement!



This week's podcast comes with the announcement of a new project I am undertaking with my podcast.  This week I begin reading my first full length book in my podcast.  When we finished, I will have furnished you with an entire audio book gratis.  I expect this will also not be the last.  In the interest of excruciating honesty, along with my natural tendency to tackle huge projects (you may have noticed the Essential Classics reading group and the Poetic Forms writing exercise project) this will also provide me many weeks without having to decide what I'm going to read for that week's podcast (which usually takes far longer than you would likely imagine.)

The book I've chosen is The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain.  It is a book about a very early version of a cruise to Europe and the Holy Land taken by Mark Twain and 100 some other passengers.  More to the point, it is Europe observed through the eyes of Mark Twain.

The last time I read this book was in early High School and I think in retrospect I can see how formative this text really was to young Paul Mathers.  I am certain you will enjoy this book.

As usual, you can listen to it here:



Or, you can download the podcast for yourself through this link:

http://www.archive.org/details/ReadingTheClassicsWithPaulMathersPodcast14

No comments:

Post a Comment