Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Podcast- The Hunting of the Snark

This week's podcast is The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll.  It is our longest podcast to date, clocking in at almost 27 minutes.  If you note any gaffs in my reading (I assure you they are minor), know that this took me all danged day.  But I am pleased with the results.

The Hunting of the Snark is a nonsense poem (sort of an epic nonsense poem) although, as is usual with Carroll, there is a sort of Wonderland logic to it.  The nonsense is not entirely untethered and the appeal is that enjoyed by those who love word and mathematical games.  I think you'll enjoy it.

They fixed the embed code, so listen to it here:



Or go download it here.

http://www.archive.org/details/ReadingtheClassicswithPaulMatherspodcast_6

No comments:

Post a Comment