Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Bright Room Called Tony's Old Room



So, we finished painting Tony's old room. It's a lighter, peachier color than the dining room, but there is a flow of continuity between the dining room, the kitchen and this room.  If you enlarge this picture, I should tell you that the paint was not even completely dry when I took it, which is why the color around the electrical socket seems to be glowing and so on.


Here you can see the green of the kitchen if you were standing in the room looking out of the door.


Here I am in my painting clothes.  As you can see, the door to the room we've painted white, which we intend to do to the closet door as well.  So I guess the project isn't completely finished yet, but enough for me to remark on it.  I didn't really have much else to say in this post.  I just wanted to post a few pictures now that we've finished that project and are happy with the outcome.  It's lovely to see the house move further and further from the unloved rental property it had been for so many years before we first bought it.    I remember when we first bought the house, my friend Michael Nehring gave me the very sound advice which I remember often "Remember, the house is never finished." 
Which is very true and advice I would repeat to anyone getting a home of their own.  But it does feel very good to make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment