Monday, December 14, 2009

The Post of Books Yet To Come

Book Groupies,

So, we have finished Of Mice and Men. This is just a quick note to let everyone know that next up, my Reading the Classics Book Group will be reading Walden by Henry David Thoreau. We will take a short break before starting so that people can deal with Christmas. If I'd followed our regular reading pattern we would be starting on Christmas Day and that seems like it would be asking a bit much.
So, if you want to start reading along with the book group, now is a lovely time to start. You have two weeks to secure yourself a copy and read through the first section titled "Economy" which I think runs about 60 pages. We will post our comments the Friday after Christmas which is... New Year's Day. Well, looks like the calendar is working against me, but nevertheless, we will have our first round of comment meet ups on New Year's Day.

On a personal note, I am looking forward to this one as I find myself most daunted by this one out of all of the titles on the list. I don't know if it's the tone or the subject matter or the fact that it's the only non-fiction book on the list, but the fact that it is the scariest to me also suggests that it's likely to be most rewarding. I highly encourage everyone to read along.

No comments:

Post a Comment