Monday, August 16, 2010

Rob's Memorial Service

So, as you have probably already gathered, Laurie and I went down to Huntington Beach this past weekend for the memorial service for my friend Rob. It was a long and exhausting trip both physically and emotionally.  It was an extremely difficult weekend for me.  Here are a few photos from the event.









As per his wishes, they had a Dixieland funeral procession starting at the park and down the street to his parent's house.  The large group in attendance represented a good portion of my young life in some way or another, some of whom are still dear friends, many of whom I hadn't seen in about 15 years, and all of whom I have deeply rooted love for.



No, I'm not alright.  I am not handling it well.  But I'm not entirely sure I should be at this point.  He was one of the major figures in my life and now he is gone.  In a life where friends are at a high premium, any loss is tremendous.  The loss of Rob from my life was devastating beyond words.

But it was a privilege to know Rob.  I'm richer for having had him as part of my life, and much poorer in his absence.


No comments:

Post a Comment