After many exhortations and prompts and cues from my mother, today I publish my Christmas wish list for this year.
1. Bad As Me- by Tom Waits: I still don't have the new Tom Waits album. Life has a way of getting away from me.
2. The Journals of Spalding Gray: As soon as I learned this book existed, I knew I must own it. From about ages 15 through 26ish, if asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, my stock answer was "the next Spalding Gray."
3. The Anatomy of Melancholy by Robert Burton: Laurie and I have been fascinated by the existence of this book and are amazed that we don't already own it. It's not as grim as the title might suggestion, but rather a book of medical theory from the early 1600s. Reviews lead me to believe that the New York Review Book Classics edition is the one to get.
4. a bicycle- I plan on riding to my new job, which is in biking distance. I shall become all lean and lissom and no longer sweat while I eat. You'll hardly know me.
5. Last and certainly not least: The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick- A book which I've waited over a decade to see the light of day.
I should probably also add that Laurie very much wants me to get a laptop and I am not objecting to the suggestion.
Speaking of bigger ticket items, I also wouldn't turn down a Kindle.
Or the entire Harvard Classics Library.
I thank you for your attention.
Ta and bisous!